- Excavate 1 ft. on either side of the window, down to the base of the footing.
- Clean the exposed wall thoroughly.
- Mud Monkeys then fills all holes and/or cracks in the foundation wall with hydraulic cement.
- We then cement coat the entire exposed foundation area from the base of the footing to 3 inches above the finished grade level.
- After the cement coating is thoroughly dry, a foundation coating of tar is applied over the cemented area with 6 mil plastic adhered to the tar.
- We then install a 4 inch clothed continuous weeping tile at the base of the footing and cover it with 12″ of 3/4″ gravel
- A leg of weeping tile is brought up the center of the window as a relief point for any water sitting in the well.
- Then we back-fill the excavated area, compacting the dirt every foot in order to minimize any settling that might occur.
- A galvanized metal window well is installed 3″ above grade and filled with gravel.
- Mud Monkeys then slopes the final grade away from the house.
All left over concrete and earth will be taken away at the end of the job. It is up to the homeowner to do the final finish – cement, interlock or whatever the homeowner chooses to do.