All waterproofing jobs start with same step, determining where the water is coming from.
The two most likely places are underneath the floor (water table), otherwise through an an old stone, concrete, brick or block foundation. Once you know where all the water is coming from then you can start the waterproofing.
- Break the concrete 16 inches from the foundation wall and excavate down 1 foot.
- We then lay down a 2 inch gravel base and install a 4 inch clothed weeping tile along the whole length of the interior footing.
- Next we install "delta membrane" from the base of the weeping tile up the wall to grade level.
- The weeping tile is then tied into a sump barrel. (A sump pump will then have to be installed by a licensed plumber.)
- We cover the weeping tile with gravel and re-concrete the trench.
All left over concrete and earth will be taken away at the end of the job. The drywall, carpet, tile, etc., will have to be restored by you once the system has been installed.