To gain approx. 12”-48” in height (permits and drawings required)
Underpinning is the process of strengthening and stabilizing the foundation of an existing building or other structure.
- Sections between 32” - 48” (as per drawings) are marked around the interior perimeter of your basement, they are numbered 1,2,3 1,2,3…..
- Excavation begins with digging out all number 1’s in a pocket, out 24” from your wall down to the requested height and then under your existing footing til we reach the outer side of footing
- Once all number 1’s are dug and cleaned they are inspected by the city
- Then a form is placed in front of the open hole leaving out 4” so that when the concrete is poured it encapsulates the existing footing.
- The concrete is vibrated so that all the space is filled with concrete creating an overpour of your footing.
- Once the number 1’s are poured the same process is taken with the number 2’s and 3’s
- When all sections of underpin are poured the earth in the center is then excavated to the desired height
- Then a plumber needs to be brought in to replace all old piping.
- Once plumbing is complete floor is leveled, delta membrane is installed on all interior walls and a continuous clothed weeping tile system directed to a sump barrel.
- At this point you also have an option to choose if you want to put down 2' insulation or have in floor heating installed
- 4” of gravel is then laid on top covered by 6mil poly and with wire mesh.
- We then pour a 4” concrete slab leveled with a smooth finish
- Apporx. start to finish 6-8 weeks